Welcome to Steeles Tavern Manor nestled in the southern end of the Shenandoah Vally in western Virginia. We like to tell folks that we are “in the middle of it all”. Within a 30 minutes drive or less guests can enjoy historical sites, local artisan’s wares, vineyards, breweries, dining, shopping, hiking, rafting or tubing like the list below.
- Cryus McCormick Farm (5 minutes from us)
- Rockbridge Vineyard (6 minutes away from us)
- Wade’s Mill (8 minutes away from us)
- Brownsburg Museum (8 minutes away from us)
- Verdant Acres (7 minutes from us)
- Ridge Valley Alpacas (10 mites from us)
- The Quiltery (5 minutes from us)
- 3 Seasons Antiques (4 minutes from us)
- Crabtree Falls (15 minutes from us)
- St. Mary’s Wilderness (6 minutes from us)
- 12 Ridges Vineyard (15-20 minutes from us)
- Natural Bridge (30 minutes from us)
- rafting on the James River or Maury River
- Towns of Lexington and Staunton (20 minutes and 25 minutes from us)
- Virginia Military Institute (20 minutes from us)
- Washing & Lee University (20 minutes from us)
- Mary Baldwin University (25 minutes from us)
- The American Shakespeare Theater (25 minutes from us)
- Sunspots Glass Blowing (25 minutes from us)
- Pufferbellies Toy Store (25 minutes from us)
- Book Dragon book store (25 minutes fro us)
And these are just a few interesting stops in our area.
But maybe you’re looking to get away from all of that and just relax. You want to use this getaway as a time to sleep late and relax. We have 50 acres for just that. You can meander by Marl Creek, AKA Halfway Creek, fish in the pond where bass, blue gill and crappie live, walk the meadow with the cows, or take in breath taking views from the deck next to the pool, or on a swing by the pond. If you’re in a cabin at the top of the high meadow all you have to do is walk out the front door and sit on the deck while enjoying the view of the valley below and Elliot’s Knob in the distance.
Truly we’re in the middle of it all. In the middle between Baltimore and Knoxville, and Staunton and Lexington. Come see for yourself and choose how much to do…or not… while you are in the middle of it all.