Fall in the Shenandoah Valley is nothing short of breathtakingly beautiful. The brisk, chill fall air invites us to get cozy and retreat – a season to enjoy more quiet (and romantic) time with those we love the most. As fall fades to winter, the urge to get cozy and spend time together only grows stronger, and that’s why it’s the perfect time to discover the best couple’s retreat in Virginia, Steeles Tavern Manor.
Our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast offers two unique experiences for couples seeking a romantic escape this fall or winter. We have traditional Bed and Breakfast guest rooms in our manor house or five romantic cabins in Virginia – accommodations to fit every desire for your couple’s retreat in Virginia.
If you’re craving a change of pace and scenery this fall or winter, it’s time you experience the best couple’s retreat in Virginia. We’ll do everything we can to help set the perfect stage for your time away – including offering as many suggestions as you want for places to go and things to do, should you need them. Book your getaway to our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast today
The Best Couple’s Retreat in Virginia
A lot goes into curating the best couple’s retreat in Virginia, but it starts with a dedication to service and exquisite attention to detail. You’ll find both at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast and cabins in Virginia. Add to that plenty of luxurious and thoughtful touches throughout your stay and warm, welcoming hospitality, and you have the foundation for a truly incredible getaway.
Fall is always a busy time of year here in the Shenandoah Valley, with crowds of people descending upon Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway to take in the marvelous display of fall colors. As the season begins to fade, we’ll start to feel a tangible shift in pace. As the world outside begins to slow down, we, too, slow down. It’s the perfect season to reconnect.
From the moment you first arrive at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast, we think you’ll instantly begin to see why we’re considered the best couple’s retreat in Virginia. From our stately manor to our charming cabins and the beautiful natural surroundings that envelop us, there’s something special about it here.
We offer five spacious guest rooms in the manor, each with a delightful range of amenities, including gas or electric fireplaces and private en-suite baths with double Jacuzzi tubs or large walk-in showers. We also offer five intimate and romantic cabins if that’s more what you had in mind for your couple’s retreat in Virginia.
Guests staying with us in the Manor House will wake up to a delicious breakfast prepared fresh right here in our kitchen. These breakfasts are proudly prepared using as many local ingredients as possible, helping to support the rich agricultural landscape surrounding us in the Shenandoah Valley. We are happy to accommodate vegan, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, and other dietary restrictions to the best of our ability and with at least 24 hours of advance notice.
Breakfast isn’t included for guests in our cabins, but each cabin is equipped with full kitchens to use throughout your stay. We also offer a delicious continental breakfast basket that can be delivered to your doorstep, or we’ll help you enjoy breakfast like a local by providing a variety of local breakfast foods for you to prepare in your kitchen. You can review and book both options here. Cabin guests can also arrange for our Grill Your Own Steak Dinner Package, which can be enjoyed at your leisure.
Things to do in the Shenandoah Valley
While there’s no reason to venture beyond the four walls of our romantic couple’s retreat in Virginia, there is plenty to do in the Shenandoah Valley, no matter the season. From enjoying the beautiful natural surroundings to exploring the charming towns, you’ll find yourself surrounded by plenty of fantastic things to do in the Shenandoah Valley.
Below, we’ve listed a few of our favorites for you to enjoy during your couple’s retreat in Virginia.
- No matter the season, driving along Skyline Drive and enjoying the wildlife and scenery in Shenandoah National Park is always at the top of our list of things to do in the Shenandoah Valley. So, too, are dives on the Blue Ridge Parkway and other quiet, rural backroads.
- As the weather cools off and we turn indoors, it’s a great time to curl up with a glass of wine and do some wine tasting in the Shenandoah Valley. There’s also a burgeoning craft beer scene, which you can explore on the Shenandoah Beerworks Trail!
- Take in an incredible performance at the Blackfriars Playhouse at the American Shakespeare Center.
- Staunton is the perfect place for foodies, as it’s considered by Vogue Magazine to be the “South’s New Foodie Hotspot. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants in Staunton.
- Get out and enjoy some antiquing in the Shenandoah Valley. There are plenty of places to explore, including Staunton’s nine antique shops and markets or the Factory Antique Mall in Verona, one of the largest in the country.
- While in downtown Staunton, don’t miss browsing the many shops that line Main Street. It’s one of the “20 Most Beautiful Main Streets in America.” Downtown Lexington is also quaint, charming, and home to some beautiful 18th and 19th-century architecture. You can even take a narrated carriage ride through town with Lexington Carriage Company.
- Visit local museums like the Frontier Culture Museum, the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Museum, and the Stonewall Jackson House Museum.
- Nearby Lexington is the perfect town for art lovers to explore during their couple’s retreat in Virginia, as it’s home to numerous art galleries, such as Artists in Cahoots, Nelson Fine Art Gallery, Cabell Gallery, and Earth, Fire, and Spirit Pottery.
With so many great things to do in the Shenandoah Valley and our exquisite accommodations to call home at the end of the day, it’s easy to see why we’re rated as the best couple’s retreat in Virginia. If you’re ready to escape for a little romantic time with your sweetheart, book your room at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast today!