The Shenandoah Valley is one of the most magnificent destinations to visit in Virginia this fall, and one of the best ways to witness it is to enjoy some of the best hiking near Staunton, VA. Everywhere you turn, you’ll be surrounded by the vibrant beauty of Virginia fall colors – it’s truly a sight to behold!
Hiking near Staunton, VA, isn’t the only great way to enjoy fall in the Shenandoah Valley. There is plenty more to do in the town of Staunton, not to mention the nearby city of Lexington, the broader Shenandoah Valley, and popular fall attractions like the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park. Fall in Virginia is a true nature-lovers paradise, and we’d love nothing more than to share it with you while you enjoy a much-needed getaway at our romantic cabins in Virginia.
Staying with us is equally fun and relaxing – not to mention exceedingly beautiful! When you’re not out hiking near Staunton, VA, or enjoying the other myriad things to do in Staunton this fall, make sure to take the time to enjoy the view right here at our gorgeous 50-acre property. Book the top-rated cabins in Virginia today!
Find the Best Fall Hiking Near Staunton, VA
With some major attractions nearby, including Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway, not to mention the famed Appalachian Trail – it’s probably no surprise that there’s some excellent hiking near Staunton, VA. While there’s plenty of great hiking in both those locations, you don’t have to travel that far to find exceptional hiking near Staunton, VA. There are several places a lot closer to town to enjoy, too!
You don’t even have to leave the city limits to enjoy some of the best hiking near Staunton, VA. Montgomery Hall Park is a delightful place to immerse yourself in nature. There are miles of wooded trails here to enjoy, which can be combined in various lengths to create the hike you want.
If you’re looking for something a little more, head to the Betsey Bell Wilderness Park. This is one of the most popular places for hiking near Staunton, VA, and it’s found just barely outside town. There’s a loop trail that works its way through the Betsey Bell and Mary Gray Wilderness Park, and there are two overlooks that offer beautiful views of Stauton.
For plenty of heart-pumping fun and gorgeous views of the Shenandoah Valley, one of the best places to go hiking near Staunton, VA, is North River Gorge. You could spend hours walking the trails here, or you can cut the hike short after the first scenic overlook, which is about a mile into the trek. If you stick with the entire hike, be prepared to ford the river a few times! There’s a swinging bridge here and gorgeous fall views to enjoy, so it’s worth the effort!
If you’re looking for a great place to mix a little birdwatching with hiking near Staunton, VA, head to the Augusta Springs Wetlands. The trail here is a mostly flat boardwalk, but it’s part of the Virginia Bird and Wildlife Trail and more than worth your time.
If you’re looking for the best hiking near Staunton, VA, which includes waterfalls, White Rock Falls is a great option. Of course, we’d be remiss to mention our absolute favorite place for hiking near Staunton, VA, and that is Crabtree Falls.
Of course, for even more great hiking near Staunton, VA, you can always turn to the 1.8 stunning acres of the George Washington and Jefferson national forests, which includes 325 miles of the Appalachian Trail. The forest is divided into sections, the closest to Staunton being the Pedlars Ranger District, which is filled with challenging and rewarding opportunities for hiking near Staunton, VA.
More Great Things to do in Staunton, VA This Fall
When you’re not out on the trails enjoying the best hiking near Staunton, VA, there’s plenty more to enjoy in this remarkable town. Staunton is just a quick 25-minute drive from our cabins in Virginia, which gives you easy access to enjoy the best things to do in Staunton this fall.
Below, we’ve included a list of some of our favorite things to do in Staunton this fall, aside, of course, from the great hiking trails we’ve already mentioned.
- It’s fall in the Shenandoah Valley, which means it’s the perfect time of year to get out and explore Virginia’s gorgeous fall colors. Head for a scenic drive on Skyline Drive or the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Eating out is definitely one of our favorite things to do in Staunton. Did you know that Vogue Magazine considers Staunton the “South’s New Foodie Hotspot?” Here are some of the best restaurants in Staunton to consider.
- Visit one (or more) of the great breweries in Staunton!
- Beer isn’t the only excellent craft beverage in the area. Fall is also a great time to visit local Virginia wineries, too!
- Search for various untold treasures at Staunton’s nine antique shops and markets, or take a short drive to Verona and enjoy the Factory Antique Mall, one of the largest in the country.
- Bundle up and enjoy strolling around downtown Staunton’s beautiful, historic streets. It’s one of our favorite things to do in Staunton, VA, as it has been hailed as one of the “20 Most Beautiful Main Streets in America” by Reader’s Digest.
- Visit the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Museum.
- Dive in and learn more about early life in the Shenandoah Valley at the Frontier Culture Museum.
- Don’t miss one of the sensational performances at the American Shakespeare Center, home to the famed Blackfriar’s Playhouse.
- For a relaxing and beautiful alternative to hiking this fall, consider taking a train ride through the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley with the Virginia Scenic Railway!
Between the best hiking near Staunton, VA, and all of these other great things to do in Staunton, you have the makings of a fabulous getaway this fall. That is especially true when you choose to stay in the most romantic cabins in Virginia. Book your romantic getaway to one of our private cabins in Virginia today!