As the weather heats up outside, there’s never been a better time to explore the fabulous Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail. Virginia wineries are starting to have their moment, as it’s one of the top trending wine markets in the country. None, though, are getting more buzz than the Virginia wineries found along the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail.
Currently, there are at least eight excellent Virginia wineries found in the Shenandoah Valley, but we expect there will be plenty of growth in this area soon. Given the agricultural and craft-based traditions of the valley, it’s not a surprise.
Trips down the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail promise to be delicious, but it’s also a great way to explore the area’s stunning natural beauty. With rolling hills, pastoral land, and charming, historic towns, there’s plenty to love about sipping and swirling your way along the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail.
You probably won’t be able to visit all the wineries in one day, though! That’s where our #1-rated Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast and vacation cabins come in! Our luxurious Bed and Breakfast is located within easy reach of the top Virginia wineries in the valley. Add exceptional hospitality and attentive service to this great location, and you have a memorable getaway in the making.
It’s time to relax and unwind this summer. Book your room at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast today!
8 Best Stops on the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail
There are plenty of great things to do in the Shenandoah Valley this summer, like visiting the wonderful towns of Staunton and Lexington, hiking or driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, exploring Shenandoah National Park, and so much more. Add one more thing to your list with wine tasting along the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail.
The Shenandoah Valley wine trail is a great place to enjoy a self-guided tour to some of the best Virginia wineries in this part of the state. It’s sure to be a unique and unforgettable experience, and it’s a great change of pace for things like hiking, biking, fishing, and shopping. Below, we’ve listed what we think about the best Virginia wineries to visit along the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail, and all but one of them are less than an hour away.
- Crosskeys Vineyards is one of the best Virginia wineries in the area and certainly one of the most elegant places to sip a delicious glass of wine. Both the wine and the view here are exquisite.
- Enjoy panoramic mountain views while sipping your wines at Brix & Columns Vineyards. The agricultural heritage of the owners and winemakers is evident in every delicious glass.
- There are few places more authentically Shenandoah Valley than Marceline Vineyards. Sip wine in their beautiful barn, and take in the exquisite country views – it’s the perfect marriage of time and place in a single glass.
- Bluestone Vineyard offers delicious, award-winning wine at their stunning vineyard.
- The drive up to The Winery at Kindred Pointe alone is worth it, but one taste of their fabulous wine, and you’ll be glad you made the trek to this great stop on the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail.
- White Oak Lavender Farm & Purple Wolf Vineyard is easily one of the most picturesque Virginia wineries on the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail, thanks to their long-established lavender farm.
- Rockbridge Vineyards and Brewery is the closest stop on the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail to us. Their award-winning wines are delicious, and there’s always live music and other fun events to enjoy.
- It’s a little farther away, just under 90 minutes from our Bed and Breakfast, but Shenandoah Vineyards is worth it. Not only are they the second-oldest Virginia winery and award-winning, but they’ve been credited as starting Virginia’s wine industry.
The Best Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast
One of the best things about staying at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast is waking up to the quiet serenity of our 50-acre property. Guests in the Manor Housed will enjoy a delicious breakfast each morning of the stay, proudly using locally-sourced and farm-fresh ingredients whenever possible. From there, how you spend your day is up to you.
Feel free to meander and enjoy the quiet tranquility of our property or lounge poolside with your favorite summer read. If you decide to venture out, the inviting towns of Lexington and Staunton aren’t too far away. We say we’re “in the middle of it all” because we are, and that includes being in the middle of exquisite wine country in Virginia.
If you’re ready to sip and swirl your way down the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail, then it’s time to grab your calendars and book your room at our Shenandoah Valley Bed and Breakfast!